Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Seeking Sunshine

During dinner tonight I brought up the topic of poetry, and to my surprise I found out my dad has written a poem. My dad wrote the poem when he was working to stop domestic violence and abuse against women.

                                                                        Seeking Sunshine
Darkness, it enveloped her world~ ~ Her soul, Her whole being~ ~ Smothering her with relentless force.

She longed for the sunshine, the kiss of the summer breeze~ ~ She sought love, respect, and most of all peace.

Help me, her eyes pleaded with mine~ ~ Calling me to action~ ~ To help break the cycle~ ~ To end the darkness of abuse.

                                                                                               -Jeffrey Gulley

Excellent poetry dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment