Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Funny Huh?

So since my last post I've done a bit of book swapping. When I first put the Simpsons book down I couldn't immediately find another good book so I decided to continue reading an older book..Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Yes criticize and make fun if you must but I am one of those idiots that has not yet read the entire Harry Potter series so I am attempting to make my way through! After some more looking I found a new read.
This week I began reading I Found This Funny by Judd Apatow. Thsi book is a collection of short stories written by various authors and was compiled by Apatow. Personally, I enjoy a short story over an epic. In the introduction the author is explaining why he decided to put together a collection of short stories. The author explains that he has a short attention span and has trouble focusing on  longer novels and staying interested in the same plot. Like the author, I believe I have a short attention span as well.
Apatow included short stories of all types in his collection. They range from hilarious stories about a questionable and inappropriate add seen in the classifieds to rather dull stories about talking cows in a pasture. Only about 70 pages, or  4 stories in, but it is a very quick read and quite enjoyable.

1 comment:

  1. If you haven't yet read them all then YAY for reading them!!:):) I really hope you enjoy them:):)

    ReplyDelete